Many of us have fitness goals we’d like to reach. Perhaps you want to lose weight, or maybe you want to tone your abs. Regardless of your goal, one of the most challenging steps in any routine is simply getting started. It can be difficult to know what to do or to motivate yourself to finally get started. These are exactly the types of reasons why you may need to work with a personal fitness trainer.
If you’re interested in working with a personal trainer but are wondering what to expect from personal training, take a look below for more information.
What to expect during your first session with your personal fitness trainer
- A review of your goals — Before your personal trainer can begin thinking of your routine, they need to know what it is you’re hoping to achieve. Are you trying to lose weight? Are you trying to get that six-pack? Want to improve your athletic performance?
Go over your goals with your personal trainer so they can start to piece together your routine and develop milestones you should try to reach along your journey.
- Weighing and measuring — You might not be comfortable with the idea of someone weighing you or measuring your body fat, but personal trainers are licensed professionals and the information they take is confidential and is used as part of tracking your progress.
- Basic exercises — Your personal trainer may guide you through some simple exercises to establish a baseline that your next session can start from.
- Assignments — Your personal trainer may ask you to do certain exercises or stretches in between sessions as part of your overall training routine. It’s important to stick to these assignments if you want to match the progress your trainer has set out for you.
- Recommendations — Your personal trainer may recommend some changes to your diet and daily habits (such as smoking) that can improve the outcome of your fitness training.
Visit SOL Physical Therapy today for personal training
Are you ready to meet your fitness goals but don’t know where to start? One of our personal trainers at SOL Physical Therapy can work with you to identify your needs and establish a personalized routine to help you meet your goals. Contact our team today for more information about personal training or to schedule an initial appointment.