Perform Better and Recover Faster with the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill.
Sometimes, gravitational pull is the best trainer. In order to succeed despite it’s mighty force, you have to lift, move, and run harder.
However, when you’re rehabilitating from injury, hitting a plateau in the middle of a sports season, or training for an endurance event, repeated impact due to the effects of gravity can slow your ability to move and completely ruin your mood, your athletic progress, or your waistline.
Enter the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®, a truly revolutionary tool for rehabilitation, recovery, performance and health. Developed for NASA’s astronauts, the AlterG technology allows precisely calibrated body unweighting from 100% (full, normal body weight) down to just 20% in 1% increments while maintaining your normal walking or running form, movement and mechanics. The AlterG provides significant benefits for:
- Athletes looking for faster rehab, recovery and performance
- Seniors seeking greater health and wellness
- Individuals of any age as part of a weight management program
- Individuals and athletes with neurological conditions, amputations or any condition that prevents walking or running without pain including arthritis
- Millenials, Baby Boomers and Masters athletes looking to maintain or improve performance and health in a high-intensity but low stress way
Medical and Rehabilitation Benefits
- Accelerate recovery after total joint replacement, injury, or surgery to the lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Safe gait and balance training for neurological, cancer and cardiopulmonary patients
- Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for geriatric and deconditioned patients of any age
- Improve the effectiveness of weight loss and energy-boosting programs
- Perform pre and post-partem reduced impact conditioning and accelerated recovery
- Find your form, with the help of SOL’s exceptionally talented Coaches and Trainers
Sports Performance and Training Benefits
- Minimize downtime after injury or overuse
- Maintain and improve cardiovascular fitness with less impact
- Crosstrain by reducing the load but maintaining normal movement mechanics
- Train with natural gait and avoid developing compensatory movement patterns
- Achieve higher level training sooner and accelerate return to sport and play
- Perform safe overspeed and hill training
Anyone can use the AlterG to reduce stress and improve function – let SOL Physical Therapy put this amazing tool to work for you!
Our physical therapist can help you live life pain-free. We are available at Oakland, CA center.