How Much Time To Allot For Your Visit
To complete your evaluation visit from start to finish, it is recommended you put aside 1 – 2 hours worth of time.
The breakdown of what you will need time for during your first visit:
- Time to comple intake paperwork and check in.
- This will take less time if you printed/filled out paperwork ahead of time.
- Time to complete your physical therapy evaluation.
- Time to schedule follow-ups.
- This will take less time if you scheduled follow-ups before your evaluation.
- Time to go over your benefits and/or payment options.
What To Bring
Before you head out, make sure you bring the following to your evaluation appointment.
- Your completed intake paperwork.*
- Your prescription or referral.
- Your insurance card(s).
- Using Medicare? Please bring a list of any medications you’re taking, the dose for each medication, and how often you take them.
- Any other information you think could help our PTs understand your unique case!
*Don’t have access to a printer? Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to fill out the intake paperwork in its entirety.
What to Wear
At your evaluation appointment, your physical therapist needs to see how you move, and might need to access the site of your injury.
Here are some pointers for choosing what to wear to your evaluation:
- Clothing you can move in.
- i.e. Clothes you might wear to the gym or on a run.
- Loose clothing that can be moved aside to access the site of your injury/issue.
- Example: Have a knee injury? Shorts are a great idea. Low back issue? Wear a loose t-shirt instead of a tight tank-top
- Comfortable, flat soled shoes.
Come up to the front desk and do the following:
- Sign in with your name, the time you arrived, and the name of the physical therapist you’re seeing.
- Give the front desk staff your insurance card, referral, and paperwork.
The front desk staff will ask you to do the following:
- Fill out a 1-3 page diagnostic form. (Fill this out based on how your issue is feeling when you arrive at our office).
- Fill out any other remaining paperwork.
You are more than welcome to use our restrooms to change into clothes appropriate for your session.
45 – 60 Minutes with Your Physical Therapist
Once you are fully checked in, your Physical Therapist will take you back into the clinic for your evaluation. This will take anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes, depending upon the complexity of your case.
For detailed information on what to expect during your evaluation, please click here.
After Your Evaluation: Stop By the Front Desk
Before you leave, stop by the front desk to do the following:
- Schedule out the rest of your follow-up visits based on your plan of care.
- Pick up your welcome packet.
- Pay for your evaluation.
- Using Insurance?
- Stop by the front desk to chat with our accounts manager about how your insurance company will be covering your visits.